Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

DTE 9/7/12 - My Faith Has Found A Resting Place

I mentioned last week that we sent in our dossier documents to America World (AWAA).

Everything was complete. So, our documents were sent to the Department of State and the Ethiopian Embassy for certification/authentication. As of now, those documents are in the hands of FedEx, travelling to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Relief, excitement and angst converged on Friday when I opened the e-mail providing our tracking number. Will I be able to handle the wait? Have I read all of the right books? Are the boys (all five of them) going to be okay through this? Will we have enough money saved when it's time to go? Is our new little guy okay right this minute? Is he hungry, cold, alone? Is he safe? Is he already in an orphanage? Is he still with his family? Are You sick of my questions?

I intentionally searched for this hymn during my devotion time.

My Faith Has Found A Resting Place

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the Everliving One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

We who have believed enter that rest. -- Hebrews 4:3

My all-time favorite album is Todd Agnew's Need. I can't really choose between two songs on that album for my favorite song.

Tell Me The Story is going to be played at my funeral and you WILL dance and play the air guitar. You will.

I Need No Other is bit more low-key and a re-writing of My Faith Has Found a Resting Place. And, I want to have one of my friends at Uppercase Living to have its chorus made for my dining room wall.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Right now, there is nothing that I can do for our adoption process. I can study and prepare. I cannot make this current step go any faster. So, I choose to trust the Everliving One.




1 comment:

  1. Praying fervently for all you are doing!
    Love you guys! `The Clark's

    ReplyDelete