Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

12/14/2012 - My Devotional from that Awful Day

I can't even begin to make sense or have the right wisdom to share regarding Friday's terrible tragedy. But, I wanted to just pass along what my daily devotional brought to my heart that morning. How could I know what God was preparing my heart to be exposed to that day?

Search My Heart, O God
by Kay Arthur

December 14

"Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has not the health of the daughter of my people been restored?"

Beloved, those words are from Jeremiah 8:22. Gilead was a city in Israel known for its healing ointment. They soothing salve of Gilead brought both healing and beauty. But Jeremiah knew his nation needed more than a topical salve, more than a bandage. Judah's wounds went all the way to the soul. 
There was only One who could heal, only One who could restore health and beauty to a sin-sick nation. God's people learned there is a Physician, One who could bring refreshement, One who could take the bitterness of life and make it sweet. 
Do you know Him today, dear friend, as Jehovah-rapha--the Lord Who Heals?

Your Word says that You heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds. You support the afflicted. Thank You for being my Physician today, dear God. I need Your tender mercies and healing touch. Restore my soul to health and bring refreshment to my spirit. 


I love this devotional. My mom put it in my stocking last year. What a treasure it has been!

So, how about a give away?

Leave a comment by December 23rd and I will choose two people at random to receive a copy of Kay Arthur's Search My Heart, O God: 365 Appointments with God.

Don't forget to comment with your name so that I can contact you for shipping information!

I will announce the winners on Christmas Eve!

***Lindsey and Brettney win!!!***

Brettney wins for retweeting the link to the blog!
Lindsey wins for being the ONLY comment!!!
Give away...Fail!

Oh, well. I'll just say that it's because my tens of readers were all so busy being super moms for the week of Christmas! Yeah, that's what I'll say!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome devotional!! We just brought our daughter home from Ethiopia on Thanksgiving Day. :)

    Lindsey :)
    almcrock.blogspot.com
    lindseycrock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete